This message is from: "Knutsen Fjord Farm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi all -

Yesterday we were reminded of the Famous Fjord Charisma. A former
neighbor emailed us to let us know that she had visited our
Fjords in Kingston about 2 years ago. Heidi was there and showed them
around, but we did not meet them ourselves. Well, it seems that they
were so taken with Silka, Rocky, and baby Pepper that they purchased a
trained Fjord mare for their daughter's first horse.

They love her, of course, and wrote us a long email telling about their
daughter's activities and about the mare. We hope they will come to
visit soon, maybe when we have the new baby. Chalk up another one for
Fjord charisma!

On the subject of grain/supplements, we feed Sonny, our yearling, and
Pepper, our 2-yr-old, about 2/3 cup of Dynamite Complete Feed am and pm.
They also have free access to Dynamite vitamin and mineral salt. Silka,
soon to foal, gets one cup am and pm, and chubby Suki gets a scant 1/2
cup. Erlend usually gets 2/3 cup am and pm, and 1 to 1 1/2 during
breeding season. This could not be called sweet feed, since there is not
molasses in it. Sometimes we even add a little vinegar to it, which is
better for them.

Soon they will need no supplemental hay for several months. But we still
can't leave them out now for more than a few hours on our extra rich
grass. We have to run cattle on it once or twice to keep it down for
them. Later it will be less rich and they can stay out all day. Except
Suki, who gains weight from just dreaming about food. We do have a
"starvation" muzzle we use on her if we are around. We think it fools
her....

We have used the back support belts for heavy lifting but did not know
about the blood pressure problems - good info. Right now Doug is out
playing with his new mower attachment for the Kubota. It works great,
except when you run over a pick invisible in the tall grass...

We did get some decent photos of Sonny and of Clark the goat playing
with Pepper. Will have them on the site ASAP.
Bye for now - Peg Knutsen   http://www.eburg.com/~kffjord/