This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Sue-Regarding feeding Fjords.

Our young ones get more 'grain' than the older ones.  We feed whole oats,
with supplements.  And when they are on good pasture, the amount is cut down.
 Sweet feed is not good for their teeth!

I learned at a recent Seminar on Hoof Care which I attended, that horses do
not need grain at all.  Veggies would be much better, and whole oats are
much, much better to feed.  We feed a little pelletted grain to some of the
Fjords, but it was cautioned at the Seminar about feeding pellets, as they
are made from the 'fines' , or poorer grain.

Hope this helps.

Bernadine Karns
Nottawa Crossing Fjords
Marshall, MI