This message is from: "Sarah Vogeley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Since we're on the subject of twins, I thought I might add a few word on the
subject... I just had my mare ultrasounded at 18 days post conception.  She
is in foal, and she shows no sign of faternal twins in her uterus.  However,
in order to determine if she has an identical twin pregnancy, I would have
to wait until at least 28 days and re-ultrasound her to check for that.
Faternal twins are easier to distinguish, because the two embryos do NOT
share the same embryonic sack.  The identical twins DO, and thus are much
more difficult to "pinch off" by the veterinarian.

Sarah Vogeley
New Forest Farm
Charlottesville, VA