This message is from: Mary Thurman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--- GAIL RUSSELL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This message is from: GAIL RUSSELL
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> What about aiming toward a kind of "benched" Fjord
> show where exhibitors
> would be encouraged to post pedigrees on their
> stalls
>
> Also, posting of the names of other related horses
> at the show would be
> helpful.
>
> A further enhancement would be encouraging
> exhibitors to post the evaluation
> sheets from their horses.

All of this sounds wonderful, and may be practical for
some shows.  However, at the Libby show the 'stalls'
are outdoor pens with no covers - except for the
covered stallion pens.  Posting all of this paper on
the side of a metal pen would be a cute trick - and
getting it to stay there without being eaten by
various Fjord mouths reaching for it would be
frustrating to say the least!  Think of the
distraction of all that fluttering paper when the wind
blows - plus the added challenge of several sheets of
paper blowing around the grounds/arena after blowing
off the pens.  Just putting the information in the
program - a simple, short "sire, dam, dam's sire,
breeder" would do - is far more practical in this
case.  If someone wants to know about the evaluation
scores, etc., the program will give them enough info
to find the horse/owner/breeder(whatever) and ask
pertinent questions.

Sometimes we forget to use the KISS method on
ourselves!

Mary

=====
Mary Thurman