This message is from: Becky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Concerning the post about the mare with milk, we have an older
broodmare who takes more than a year to dry up. She does not fall off
in her condition, however, simply always has milk. Her bag gets less
full after weaning, but I remember one time when the vet came out to
preg check her and she was running milk, even though she had not had a
foal that year. I have asked numerous vets about this, but no one has
really had an explanation for me.

The fact that your mare is losing condition would worry me. It may
possibly be unrelated to still having milk, although something could
be going on that is related to her not drying up.

Good luck with her.  Let us know what you find out.

Becky Vorpagel
Jont Creek Acres
Monmouth, Oregon