This message is from: GAIL RUSSELL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

 I know this problem well.  I may actually have posted about this before,
but will do so again...since I cannot remember ANYTHING with my "baby boomer
brain" as they call it!

It used to frustrate me that, by cleaning up regularly, aI was (possibly)
compromising your fly control program by doing so.  I used to actually find
putting out fly parasites STRESSFULL...."no, can't put them in this shaded
tree trunk, because the ants will get them; nope, can't put them over here,
because it is too sunny and dry, can't put them over here because there is
no fresh manure around.  What to do.  Then my farrier told me to set up a
place with a wetted down bale of straw, and a hollow underneath.  It works
sort of like an incubator...warm, sheltered place with little temperature
change, and a constant amount of moisture.  Now I have my little "places"
for the parasites and can just go to them to dispense the parasites.

It is true, they really work, although I do think it is worth upping the
dosage in the worst fly times of the year.

 I clean the paddocks every two days, should I leave a pile of
>amnure in a corner of the paddock for this purpose?

Gail Russell
Forestville CA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]