This message is from: Steve McIlree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

  Well, it appears that the backlog on list traffic caught up sometime
  early this morning. Messages are now getting through in a matter of
  minutes rather than several days.

  The only problem now is that many messages to Hotmail users are
  still not being delivered. Again, let me emphasize that there is
  nothing I or our service provider can do about this. The problem
  lies completely with Hotmail and their lack of concern about
  delivering all their customers' Email. If you are a Hotmail user and
  if this message happens to get through to you I can only urge you to
  switch to another Email service. I assure you that the list isn't
  the only messages you are not receiving. I was recommending Yahoo as
  an alternative to Hotmail, but recently their servers have been
  getting a little flaky, although nowhere near as bad as Hotmail. I
  almost never see returns from Juno or AOL, but I have a suspicion
  that the latter just trashes undelivered messages rather than
  returning them to the sender.

  Enough Hotmail bashing for now. Thank you, to everyone for whining
  very little while we went through this little crisis. I think that
  Mystery.com has been a very good and stable service provider.

  Oh, BTW tomorrow is FH-L's anniversary. The first messages were
  exchanged on March 29, 1998, when the list had fewer than ten
  subscribers. Some of the original members who are still with us are
  Dave MacWethy, Mike May, DeeAnna Weed, and Laura Skjenna. As of last
  Sunday's report, we have 485 subscribers with 148 folks receiving
  the individual message format and 337 getting the daily digest
  version. I for one look forward to many more years of community
  around the virtual kitchen table. Please feel free to take a piece
  of virtual Birthday cake to go with your virtual coffee.

 --
Steve McIlree
Owner/Administrator FjordHorse List