This message is from: "ruth bushnell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Thanks Anne, it was nice of so many Scandanavian folk to respond to that
question. I notice that when the sentence is translated it is turned
around?--- it may be trickier than I'd first thought to speak Swedish. Well,
I learned what "basta" is not a bath! =)))   Ruthie

> >"to worlds (-----) friends" (or buddies) but the closest I could come to
> >basta, was bastu.. which means sauna? =)) I will be interested in what it
> >means, I'm sure there are Swedish folks on this list, if they don't
respond
> >I know of someone to ask. Ruthie, nw mt
>

> LOL I'm norwegian and has no problem with reading swedish. I answered this
one already, but I'll be happy to do it again. "Til varldens basta kompis"
means "to the best friend in the world". varlden = world, basta = best and
kompis = friend.