This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Well, I just received a beautiful book on Norwegian Horse Drawn Carriages
and sleighs:  HORSE DRAWN CARRIAGES by Svein Magne Olsen.  It is a gorgeous
book with tons of pictures, photos etc. (and lots of Fjordhorses) and it
has been TRANSLATED into English!

I had read about the book on the CD-L (or was it the RED list?)in an e-mail
by Dr. Hans Out:
>On another note, a book about Norwegian carriages, carts sleighs and farm
>and logging gear has just come out. It's the only book of it's kind
>published here and is very well researched. Over 700 pictures and the text
>is Norwegian on one side and an English translation on the other. Should be
>on the shelf of all you Fjord people."

So I asked him how to get it and he gave me the email of Tove Lende
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> and I simply sent an email and said I would like
to get this book and gave my address.  Lo and behold here it came in the
mail! (Actually air freight)

Now the problem: There was an invoice with the book..Aaahh, It wasn't free
after all! The cost is NKr448, + postage NKr75, = NKr523, Which I found out
was about $60 in US dollars.  And I am supposed to pay to a certain bank in
Norway. How do I do this?  Catherine Lassesen can you tell me what to do?
Or anybody else? Can I pay with a credit card somehow? Send a check in US
Dollars?   I would appreciate some help here!

Anyway, the book is worth it.  It is fascinating and a beautiful "coffee
table" book as well.

Jean in Fairbanks, Alaska where all of March has been one gorgeous sunny
day after another with temps in the mid to upper 30's.  Pity all you folks
in the Northwest and Midwest with all your snow and cold.....
Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]