This message is from: "Erika Rehbock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi,
I'm new on list and got excited right away about the dicussion on founder. We
live in Finland and own two fjordgeldings, 18 and 20 yrs old, one is a fatty
and the other one stays about normal size.  They have free pasture in summer
(on short grass) and I try to shrink the fatty down to normal size in winter.
Limiting their pasture did not really work, and it is not a pretty sight, when
they try to make up for lost time, but they never foundered (yet). We feed
also oat straw in winter without problems, I believe it might prevent colic if
their guts are never really empty.
Now I've come across these websites on founder with lots of information -even
on magnesium- and I believe, that founder can be cured and even prevented by a
correct barefoot trim and excercise. Pls look for yourselves:
http://members.screenz.com/gretchenfathauer/
http://www.thehorseshoof.com/links.html

Thanks for having me on the list!
Erika