This message is from: John & Martie Bolinski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Ellen,
    I use a broom first on my rough floors, flagstone kitchen and brick.  Then
we go over with either a damp wet mop or vacuum and then mop if the floor is
really gritty.  I hardly use the vacuum in the rooms with the rough floors
except for dusting.  Don't try the swiffer sweeper on the rough stuff :-O.  It
leaves behind swiffer pieces everywhere and looks worse than the dog hair.  I DO
use a lot of floormop sponges though.
    Can't offer any suggestions about the feeder.  We screwed the hayfeeders to
the fence so they couldn't run off with them between feedings, but we don't have
anything nearly as heavy as you describe.
The grain feeders are also attached to the fence; they were the kind you can
just set over the fence boards and remove easilly for cleaning.  I found them
ALL over the pasture and even outside the pasture where they were tossed.!

Martie in MD