This message is from: "D T" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Foalquest, the organization that the gal got her foal from, does an excellent job in saving many foals that would go to the meat market including the 3/4 Fjord x foal. Now I understand why it would be best to not cross breed Fjords and I am sad that it happens. However it happens and no one can stop that.

I do hope that no one treats that gal with the Fjord x unkindly just because she doesn't have a fully registered Fjord. I am planning on adopting a foal this spring and if I can get a Fjord cross to save I will do that or any other draft x.

Fjords are absolutely wonderful but so are many other horses. I can only think if I there was only one horse I could have and the choice was anything other than a registered Fjord I would take a Fjord cross. (although it could never be as cute as Lars :-)

There are many, including myself, that would love to have a full-blooded Fjord but can't afford them. I got Lars because the breeder is trusting enough to let me pay him off over time. Otherwise I may be one that was hoping somewhere I could find a Fjord cross.

I do hope I have not offended anyone as that is not my intention. I think the Fjord world is fantastic and will always advocate that Fjords not be cross bred. However I am unwilling to put a "scarlet" letter on a foal because it is only part Fjord. The "part" Fjord is probably the best part :-)

Deb