This message is from: Eileen Perry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

My Fjord filly isn't of riding age yet, but I have a lot of experience with wide
bodies.  I just wanted to mention that I bought a new Wintec 2000 All Purpose
this
year, and put the X-wide gullet in it.  My English sport horse Appy's are quite
wide,
but have withers too!  What I found was that as the flocking settled over a few
months, the tree became effectively wider.  So it fits one of my geldings, who
is too
wide for my wide tree Stubben saddle, but is actually too wide for the other
gelding.
The panels also seem to have flattened a bit (the channel is wide to start
with),
which is really good for wide bodies. I agree with Karen that you have to be
deligent
about checking the pommel clearance.  I like to check out on a ride up/down
hills, to
make sure there's no interference.   From what I can tell, I think the X-wide
gullet
on the 2000 will work on my filly (of course, in another 2 years, who knows???).
Anyway, I've been very happy with the Wintec, which I use primarily for trail
riding.

A question on western saddles...Isn't the semi-quarter bars the narrowest tree?
thought that the sizes went from Arab tree (widest), to Quarter Horse, to Semi-
(for
narrower horses).  But folks are finding the narrowest one fits the Fjords?

Eileen Perry in West Richland WA, not much snow yet...