This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi, just wanted to add something to the fjord saddle discussion. Right after
getting Nina in November, we had the saddle fitter out for some of the others
at the farm. We have quite the wide variety of sizes, widths, breeding, ages
and make every attempt to ensure correct saddle fit for every one of our
"special" mounts. While the fitter was there she checked Nina's fit also.
        At that time we had the wintek  (forward seat) with changeable tree
on her using the very widest tree and it still wasn't wide enough to satisfy
the "fitter". What she told us was it may fit after Nina loses a little
weight and since she's such an easy keeper I'm hoping the fact she is working
will help to trim her a bit. Right now we use her with a bareback pad so as
not to hurt her back. A little scary the day I took her for a trail ride down
the BIG hill (we don't call the farm Rolling Hills Ranch for nothing) and she
decided to put her head down to eat. Thought I was going to slide right on
down her neck, had both feet out in front of me like I was putting on the
brakes (yeah big help that was). Didn't come off and laughed all the way
home.
    Nina is what I believe is the draft type fjord. Looking at her papers
today her dam is Rinda and her sire is Fair Acres Gunnar - her registered
name is Nina III foaled on April 29, 1993, in MN. and bred by the Nelson's in
MN.
    Nina is awesome working with my autistic students, always willing but
also patiently waiting for the correct direction from her rider. She
tolerates outbursts, bouncing and confused signals with a quiet attitude but
at the same time makes them tell her exactly what they want.
  I really wish we had several more of her or rather of fjords-they are
certainly thrifty (a very important item to a nonprofit), have great feet and
solid build and a wonderful presence for those fund raising times.
    Sorry this was long, I'm sure all the "old timer" fjord lovers have heard
this over and over.
Robyn in MD
STILL T-SHIRT WEATHER