This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 12/3/01 10:58:45 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I think I must take a stronger role even tho we do not have that much
choice
 in farriers. >>

Hi Jean-

I think you said it all here. We must remember that despite the education,
experience, etc., of the professionals, WE are the owners and we know our
horses best. I can't count the times I've read on this list of someone
"suspecting" their horse had a physical problem which was undetected by vet
or farrier. Later, the problem made itself quite evident. I'm not trashing
vets or farriers ... they have their work cut out for them, and most do their
best, but for them it's a business. Your horse is one of many.

As a professional pet sitter, I have to be open minded to the many ways folks
care for their animals. I can't impose my ideas on them. If they ask for
advice, I give it. Otherwise I do what they tell me (within reason of
course)! Farriers should do the same, and accept without offense the
"stronger role" the owner plays.

Brigid M Wasson
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
 <A HREF="http://ourfjords.freeservers.com/fjord1/Our_Fjordsx.html";>Our </A>