This message is from: "Dave McWethy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Before I started Camptown Harness, I had trouble getting bridles to fit.  I
remember sending new driving bridles back to Smuckers twice (they should
have known better) before I gave up on them.  The solution was to make
bridles.  There is nothing complex about fitting Fjord heads.  You just have
to make bridles the right size.

At this point, we probably have made more harness for Fjord horses than
anyone else, perhaps excluding someone in Norway.  I have joked that we make
harness to fit Fjords and adapt them to other breeds, rather than the other
way around!  Not surprisingly, since my own horses are my models, Fjords are
the most prominent on our website.

Having said this about Fjord bridles, it happens that not all are the same
size.  There are some that have larger noseband or crownpiece-throatlatch
measurements,  and we make those changes from a "basic"  Fjord size.  The
most common problem in off the shelf bridles is that browbands are too
short.  Fjords mostly require 18 inches, end to end, and occasionally but
rarely, 19 inches.

Dave
Camptown Harness
http://www.horseharness.com