This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 11/7/01 10:55:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> About every
> other horse took maybe a step and a half at best, and then came to an
> abrupt
> head jerking stop, as they ended up stepping on their own tails!  Poor
> horses, they probably forgot what a tail was,or if they even remembered
> having one as they are so used to having them stuffed into tail bags &
> what-not, all in the name of horsey fashion.
>
> ...Yet another case of the "My Pretty Pony" syndrome carried to the
> extreme...
> OK, and now I *promise* to get of of the subject!
> kmac

Ah, the refreshing voice in the wilderness.  I'm in an email group of
"regular" horsepeople.  And some of them are just tail crazy.  The horse's
tail NEVER gets out of a bag or braid except for a show.  And that just seems
pointless to me.  I dunno.  I like seeing the ponies running with their tails
swinging, blowing.  Bags look (and probably feel) stupid.

On the same email list, a woman just yesterday said something that miffed me.
 She's looking at a Halflinger.  Says she likes her friend's fjords (her
friend bought them from a mutual friend) as far as personality, trail
manners, etc., but she wants a performance horse and said that fjords CANNOT
canter!  I sucked in my breath, held it to the count of ten, and then gently
mentioned that a good fjord can indeed canter.  Yes, the draftier types may
find it a bit more work, but that fjords CAN do it all.  That being said, I
wished her well with her half-halflinger.

Pamela