This message is from: "Karen McCarthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Karen McCarthy
Great Basin Fjords
Carson City, NV

This message is from: "D T" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I just got Lars on Saturday... Yesterday he and I went on our first
real ride.... When we came out to the road a guy pulling his boat went by. He was staring at us. I have had a number of folks want to know what kind of horse he was. "Is he a cross between a Morgan and a Belgian?" "He is cute but what is he?" So on and so
forth.
I do believe Lars and I are going to have a lot of fun.
Deb

Hi Deb, and welcome to the wonderful world of owning fjords!
You had better get used to all of the questions - really comes with the territory! When I rode in the Nevada Day Parade here in Carson City 2 weekends ago with 4 of my horses & assorted friends, I was just at the tail end of a bad cold and my voice was pretty hoarse. I told my buddies they had to yell back to all the queries that inevitably come our way. Halfway into the parade, my girlfriend Robin got tired of saying 'Norwegian Fjord Horses' repeatedly, so finally, she yelled out "Belgian Chocolates" in response to one of the queries. That did it, and my other friends started repeating the same line, so for all I know, 1/2 of the 40,000 odd spectators lining the streets probably think there is a neat new breed of Belgian horse out there :+]

Karen McCarthy
Great Basin Fjords
Carson City, NV