This message is from: "Bert Van Loon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Karen, I appreciate the info on twisted stirrups. I spoke with the saddle
makers son today and it appears that they will be happy to comply with my
wishes.. So what do I want ? ( smile ) . I used to do some ranch work and
rode a couple of reining horses for awhile but I had never seen the twisted
stirrup until I went to Big Horn the other day to look at the used saddle
that I had originally gone back to see.Your right about the pain factor
regarding western Saddles! All those hours in the saddle with excruciating
knee and ankle pain although there is that unmentionable problem with a deep
seated Dressage Saddle that is , shall we say ladies, a tad high in the
front.

You asked what the ETA was and I don't know what you meant. If it is the
price I don't know yet but might have to start doing a better job soaping my
leather harness and put off my new Zilco for a bit.

Except for this saddle plus accoutrements I am getting out of leather. All
that work has gotta go.

Carolyn Van Loon