This message is from: "Dudley and Karen Haines" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I wanted to thank those of you that wrote in about your methods for teaching
a horse to stand square. I appreciate your detailed answers and can
appreciate the challenge of writing about it instead of showing how. I've
printed out your answers and have been practicing.

On another note, the talk about protein content in hay brings to mind a
question I have had for a long time. How is it done, and who does testing on
hay to determine the protein content? I can find charts which give a general
protein content for the different types of hay. But Jean, as you mention,
the time of cutting can make a difference. Does time of cutting and other
factors make only a little difference or a big difference in protein
content? Also, it would seem that the soil type and fertilizer used would
make a difference on the calcium/phosphorous ratio. Hmmm...

Karen