This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi All :

I just joined the list and want to introduce myself. I am coming out of horse
retirement now that my children are old enough to feed and clothe themselves
( just barely !!). I just moved from Connecticut to Chelan, Washington ( on
the sunnyside of the Cascades) and trying to adapt to western culture ( e.g
I bought a cowboy hat) . Also trying figure out what those funny handles are
on the top of the saddles out here and how to tie a cinch knot !! The only
'horse show' that I have been to so far is a rodeo, and that has given me a
new "appreciation" ( read : shocked !!!) for western riding. Also, you guys
don't stall your horses here at all, do you ?? Wow !!! I still love the smell
of shavings though, and a horse bedded down on new shavings for the night.
But.. ah ... the wide open spaces. It still amazes me that I can saddle up
and ride for days at a time out here on the open range. Cannot beat that !!
I am in the market for 1 or 2 mares to use for light trail riding and  for
teaching me to drive . We have 13 acres, 8 of which are fenced off, barn (
with stalls) to come. If you are looking for a good home for a retired show
or trail horse, please let me know. Nice to meet all of you.

Judy Phelps
Chelan, Wa.