-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jim and Tamara
Hooper
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2001 4:40 PM
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Subject: saddle slip

This message is from: "Jim and Tamara Hooper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi List,
I have a question and any advice would be appreciated.  I ride my two Fjords
English pleasure and my tack fits them fine.  I bought a traditional
children's western saddle for my younger relatives and this saddle fits
fine.  I just purchased a leather/nylon endurance western saddle 16" seat
made by Saddle King for my bigger realtives.  I am using a Neoprine girth
with it and getting some slippage.  Is there any way to break in a Neoprine
girth so it is more secure?  Somehow I don't think a smooth girth and a
round (drafty) Fjord belly go together.

Tammy Hooper
Naples, ID
* rain here would be appreciated