This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi list,
I bought this product this summer, when the face flies just got too much to
bare.  I can't use fly masks, as they are pastured with buddies, who wont
leave them on each other.  Because of the cost, and the number of horses I
had here, 8 at the time, I decided to split the tubes up between horses.
Instead of putting it on 6 different spots on the horse, I put it on only 2
spots, the poll and the croup.  This worked GREAT.
While my vet was here, we got talking about the flies and I mentioned what I
had used this and how happy I was with the results, but not the price.  After
looking at the package the vet said it looked to be the same thing they pour
on cows, and it would be MUCH cheaper, being a product made for cows (safe
for horses too though)  She said they really up the price on products made
for horses, when 9 times out of 10 they have the same product being used for
dairy cows that could be used for both.   So my advice is to look around in
the Cattle section, of whatever venue you use to buy your products.  I can't
remember right off hand which product the vet mentioned, but I just went to
American Livestock Supply. Inc. (www.americanlivestock.com) under Cattle, and
there are a number that seem like they would be equal too or better, at a
cheaper price.  Worth looking into.  I know I'll be trying something like
that for next year.

Aimee Day
Days End Fjords