This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ursula, the stones are pretty common in geldings in this area.  I'm told
mares get them, too, but pass them much more easily.  Alfalfa is a
contributor because it is high in salts.

When I went out with Ginny Cowles in Rowe NM to pick out Ida, we went out in
the truck and about 30 fjords saw people and came a running.  She said, "This
is Ida," and totally befuddled I asked, "How do you know?"  She pointed to
her neck and said, "See, she has a curl."  I have two half-sister mares a
year apart and it was a good 6 months before I knew them apart instantly.
Now, I dont think they look anything alike :-}  Riba is more upheaded and a
touch arrogant and has dark hock stripes.  Ida is more athletic and looks
like Betty Boop with long eyelashes she bats at you.

Cynthia, most lists get a little nuts once in a while.  I think when you see
it coming it's best just not to read for about a week until it passes.  I
think it has something to do with the limitations of E-mail as a form of
communication and the fact that it's new enough we haven't deveoloped sound
courtesy forms across the board.  Me, I've finally learned to write long
hostile answers and then say, "Get over yourself, girl, nobody made you queen
of the world," and immediately delete them without mailing.  Turns out the
world turns nicely without my input.

Gail in Tucson