This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 12:07 PM 9/17/2001 -0500, you wrote:
This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mike,

What type of microchips does the registry use.  I was wanting to get a
scanner for my practice and would like to get the same type that you use.
 I know there are about 3 different types and some will not read others.

We use the Destron chips. I have one scanner that will read both the Destron & Avid chips. I have heard that the "Home Again" ones are really Destron but I have not confirmed that yet. The ones I still can't read are the ISO chips that are being implanted in the horses coming from the Netherlands & Norway now.

The dual reader I have is made by Avid.  I think it is called the Mini Tracker.

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Registrar
Voice 716-872-4114