This message is from: "Sanders" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Julie,
This spring some friends had waited patiently (for a full year!) for the
arrival of their first fjord baby. Their three young girls were all excited.
To make a long story short the vet had to induce labor. The first twin was
the size of a cat and mummified. The second twin was the size of a dog and
was alive until the birth event. The sac was discolored and unhealthy. The
family was devastated until the vet told them their mare was at risk and
everyone rallied, thankful she came through healthy in the end.

The vet hadn't seen fjord twins before, better yet one that lived over a
full year. They called Chip but he had never had twins before either. The
moral of the story is....a $50 ultrasound is worth its weight in gold. Good
thing you are checking your mares. Since this springs round of babies and
gestations has been strange I am not surprised to hear that the saga
continues into this breeding year.

Good Luck
Teresa Sanders
Northern Idaho

" This year, 3 mares have turned up with twins on our farm, and our vet
has seen 3 others...the first twins he has seen on ultrasound in 6 years.
Anybody else finding twins this year?"

Julie at Old Hickory Farm in New York.