This message is from: "truman matz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Listers,
I'm in need of some information, especially from our listers living in the
western states, regarding bobcats.
After nearly seven years of living in our quiet valley, we spotted our first
bobcat, big one, just outside our house.  He was sauntering off with one of
our chickens dangling from his jaw.  That's OK, he has to eat, too.  Then
this morning, our (very upset) Siamese cat was announcing his desire to be
let in, when my husband noticed a bobcat standing on the steps with his
front feet on the porch!!!  This one was smaller than the first, perhaps
part of a family.  Hubby thought he was cute, actually,  but I'm wondering
if the bobcats are any threat to our three horses.  All full grown,... no
foals.  Would appreciate any input on this subject.  And thanks.  Judy