This message is from: "Frank & Sally Higgins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi, Listers!  this is mainly directed to Deidre Lange.  We showed our Fjords
in draft shows, and we were odd man out.  Too big for 'Pony Draft', and
considered too small for reg. drafts.  We persisted, and ended up showing
against Belgians, Percherons, etc.  The first year we weren't even
considered!  Judges looked down their noses at us.  So, the next year I went
prepared with a Judging Standard for Fjords, presenting it to show
secretaries for the judges to see.  {Always gave to show secretaries; direct
to judge is a 'no-no'}  Due to that, our Fjords were finally 'looked at'.
Draft owners called ours "the little horses'.  They were very good to show
against, and made allowances for our size and were very polite to us.  We
trimmed butt in log twitching, much to our pleasure!  Performance classes we
shown!  Won "Matched Pair" many times, and showed that 'big things do come
in little packages"!!  So, my suggestion is, print out a copy of the Judging
Standard, and have it ready to present to the judging booth.  Let them KNOW
what a Fjord is all about!  Persevere, and you will succeed!
Good Luck in your showing, and 'kick butt' !!

Sally in Maine who misses her Fjords