This message is from: "sandra church" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi everyone
The folks on this list are always so helpful so I'm asking for more advice with Loki, my 10 yr. old gelding that I've owned for 2 years. I've got an appt. with my vet on Thurs. so I wanted some input from the list before she comes. Earlier this spring, Loki dropped to his knees while under saddle while I was on a trail ride at a walk. He didn't trip, he just dropped to his knees. My first reaction(other than dealing with my leg spasms from the jolt) was to think that maybe he was tired. But recently he did it 2 more times at home in the field with my daughter riding him-once at the trot and once at the canter! Sarah is an excellent rider-esp. at dressage so she good about keeping him off his (heavy)forehand. I will admit that Loki is not 100% fit and could stand to lose a few pounds but my vet doesn't want us to ride him until she looks him over. My first thought is -oh no, EPM- but he doesn't have the other symptoms of that. Could he just simply want his rider off of his back so he can do more important things such as eating? Then there's the saddle fitting issue...but why now? If you have had any experience with "praying" horses-any breed-please let me know. I'm really worried about my fella.
Sandra in Va.