This message is from: "Sue Harrison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello everyone....I was just getting caught up on my mail.  I noticed the
problem with earmites.....this just might be a solution.  I have had ear
mites in my cats and they would literally go right up the bathroom wall when
I applied the stuff I got from my vet.  One even lost a whole strip of skin
complete with attached hair from his ear.  Then I read in a "home remedies
book"  that vitamin "E" oil would completely drown and eliminate the mites.
You pierce a capsule and squirt the contents into the ear. (Use more
capsules if needed for a Fjord ear).  Do this every third day for 30 days.
The oil is sticky and messy but by gosh it works!  No more earmites! Also
the animal (at least the cats) realized it did not hurt and would stand
quietly for doctoring.  Hope this helps.
I rode my Arabian mare "Misty" last night and she  behaved perfectly. (No
one has told her that she is an Arab)LOL.  We are trying to keep that little
bit of info from her.   The tiny blackflies and mosquitos were awful.  I
went in the house and got the Avon "skin so soft"  put some on my face and
arms and the flies disappeared.  Even the mare was not bothered.  I am going
to try it on the horses, but only a little at first to check for allergies.
Storm is fat and sassy.  He readily accepts the bridle and saddle.  He is
such a pest....helps me with everything I try to do in the paddock.  Today
we are putting more sheep type pagewire up in a bigger area.  We put
electric around the inside.  Storm gets just as close to the fencing
operation as he can.  Do any of you just "sit" and climb off and on your 2
year olds?  I want to do as much with him this year as possible.  He is 14
hh behind and 13.2 in front.  How tall do you think he will get?
He tapes 750 pounds.  I find him awful thick through the head....wonder if I
will need a special bridle.....I am using a D ring copper roller snaffle bit
on him.  I also use one on my Arab.
Misty had a very itchy tail this past spring and she had rough scales at the
base of it and had the hair rubbed out.  We started feeding each horse a cup
of Blue Seal Sunshine plus daily.  Thanks to whoever mentioned feeding this
supplement. Her tail is perfectly normal now.  Our solid Appaloosa gelding
is now running with the other two and all three are the best of friends.
Well gotta go get at the fencing....have a great day, Sue in N.B. (Desert
Storm's mom)