----Original Message Follows----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
In a message dated 5/16/01 7:06:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:
if you don't have a brand, do they brand them at the inspection station.
quinn has a microchip.  do all the stations have scanners?  what happens
if you refuse to brand?  do they throw you in jail?

Nope.  They don't make you brand, they don't throw  you in jail.  The
inspector comes to your place, gives you appropriate travelling papers (don't forget your vet's health certificate). If you get stopped and you have these papers, you WILL pass go. If not, well, depends on the state. Some states (my inspector informed me) will take your horse till you get the inspection,and I'm not sure what else, and they will charge you a hefty fine!

Pamela