This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello everyone,

OK, just finished speaking with the woman at Tim's home...for the life of me,
I cannot remember her name but we have talked a few times over the last
couple of days.  She did get some information to clarify the situation for us
from Tim.

The 8 Fjords are still at the Amish farm, apparently Tim is waiting for a vet
to approve the 4 to go to the auction, still.  After that, they have to be
checked in by the federal vet.

He is planning on bringing the ill Fjords to a farm down the road from him
after the completion of the auction, so as of right now, he has kept them
separate from the rest of his herd.  I do know strangles can be carried on
clothing, etc., so will not venture to guess if the other Fjords could
possibly have been infected in that manner, but it does appear Tim has done
his best to keep the sick ones isolated from the rest of the herd.

The only concern would be the 4 possibly being approved to go to the auction.
 They can be released if they no longer show symptoms, but still could be
contagious if they have not been recovered for a period of 10 or more days.
However, it sounds like Tim has it together, and from my understanding of the
situation, the vet will not approve them if they show any sort of legions.

Hope this helps, I thought this was MUCH better news than we were being
previously told!

Lynda and Daniel
Bailey's Norwegian Fjords
Quality Fjords--Equine Transportation--Hand-braided Tack & Accessories
White Cloud, MI
231-689-9902
FAX: 775-383-6813
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.hometown.aol.com/baileysfjords

United Equine Foundation
http://www.unitedequinefoundation.org/homepage.htm

Lynda C. Welch
President, PMU and Breed Specific Division
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

UEF Fjord rescue email group: [EMAIL PROTECTED]