This message is from: Sarah and Mike Stacy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

More advice from Alaska - my husband lays in dec approved septic systems and water lines here, and they bury at least 10 feet deep with 2 inch blue board insulation. We have never had a problem. Our mild winter has taken a break here with temperatures around zero and winds up to 70 mph. For the first time this winter, my Fjords actually decided to spend the night inside their barn! About mosquitos - we have lots of individual swallow bird houses stuck on trees. They all fill up every summer and they are a huge help with mosquitos. We also keep guineas because they eat wasps and carpenter ants.

Sarah
Soldotna, Alaska

How deep do folks there bury their water and sewer lines and septic tanks?
My leach tank is in the horse corral and for the last several years with
very little snow my septic system quit about the middle of February.  The
leach tank and lines are buried 6' down with a layer of styrofoam over the
top before back filling.