This message is from: "Reena Giola" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Ok, FINALLY my new subscription has come through!! Yippee!!

Just to make this horse/Fjord related it is snowing again here in MI  with
2-4" expected.......Gus ripped up the back of his
blanket........arrrggghhhhh...I know, why in the world do I have him
blanketed?  Well because he was a CA horse, is older and had never
experienced a long exposure to cold weather.  When we moved last year, he
lost a lot of weight and as we went into winter, even more.   He was quite
thin when we came out of winter.....I even asked on list about how to put
weight on (Betsy Patyrjak can confirm the thin-ness) and he did finally gain
the weight so I was hesitate to leave him to fend against the cold this
winter.

Anyhoo, I did leave the blanket off till we hit a nice cold snap in mid
december and well, it just never went back to normal...........soooooo, if I
had my druthers and had him home, I could regulate and adjust things myself
to make sure I felt he was staying at an adequate weight.  But as things go,
he is boarded, and I don't have that type of control/or extent of
control....I have already posted about the freezing water tanks, and thank
GOODNESS I am an anal and concerned boarder cause I was out there twice in
one month cracking open 3" of frozen ice on the tanks.....the heater/floats
were upside down.

ok, longwinded I know, just excited to FINALLY get off of the digest!!

Reena

  • FINALLY griet vandenbroucke
    • FINALLY Reena Giola