This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 2/24/03 1:05:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Hello from the WEST COAST FJORD FORUM!  We had a wonderful day with Wayne
> Hipsley educating us all about conformation and form to function and Fjord
> Type... We send our greetings to everyone. "We wish you were here." quote
> from Gayle Ware!

Hello,

I have just returned home from the West Coast Fjord Forum - trying to
recuperate (suffering from INFORMATION OVERLOAD!) and slog through emails,
having been away from my computer for several days.

Once again, Wayne did a superb job.  He is certainly gifted as a teacher and
educator, amongst his many other talents.  I would never miss an opportunity
to sit at his feet to learn.  He is, after all, our eyes and ears on the
world.  I am always grateful that he is willing to travel the globe on our
behalf and be so involved in FHI and the future of our beloved Fjord horses.
He is truly the CHAMPION for Fjord horses.

He is going to be in Wisconsin next month to do a seminar for the Midwest
group.  I believe he said this one was on marketing.  Trying to figure out if
I can go there too!  Doesn't look good for me - have too many things on my
plate, but if any of you out there are able to attend, I would STRONGLY
encourage you to do so.

What really prompted me to write this morning was the discussion about broken
axis.  This was one of the things that was discussed during our seminar.
Wayne talked about seeing that fairly frequently in Norway.  It was VERY
prevalent in one particular bloodline where they looked at the stallion and
several of his offspring.  The stallion had passed that fault along to his
whole 'family'.

We actually had an opportunity to 'evaluate' a live Fjord on Sun. that did
indeed have a broken axis!

My point is that we, as Fjord owners, have a responsibility to become
informed and educated - that is, and always has been, one of the MAIN
purposes of the Evaluation program!  WOW!

Wishing I could join you in Wisc.

Gayle Ware
Field of Dreams
Eugene, OR