This message is from: Nancy Newport <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

We had a great time at the Black Prong CDE with
our pair of Fjord mares! Although, I bet my
husband/navigator, Dave would throw in a six pack
of hush money if I didn't tell about his great
idea of changing our route through the water
hazard after we walked it and it was too late to
walk it again. A no-no if I ever heard one. But,
we both agreed that we could do it and then we
went through a gate backwards getting the big E.
I have to admit, though, that I didn't memorize
anything very well and that my husband got us
through every other gate and I was half lost most
of the time. We had to back up twice and circle
once, but the ponies just shrugged their
shoulders and went along for the ride. I'm sure
they wish we would make up our minds.

We did well in dressage (51) and one ball down in
cones. I had grumbled a little about doing our
dressage at 8:21 am, but after the sky opened up
later in the day we were glad we got up early.

The facility is gorgeous, with green, green grass
everywhere, especially in the dressage and cones
rings and the cutest barn/apartment buildings for
winter residents/guests. This area is truly
becoming the winter driving mecca and it's only
35 minutes from me!

Many thanks to the organizers and owners of the
facility and all the volunteers who made the CDE
run very smoothly despite the weather.

Nancy Newport
Gainesville, Florida
http://taxes.yahoo.com/