This message is from: Janet McNally <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

There are many good reasons a horse will change homes a
number of times.  The example of the child's pony being sold
as children grows is an excellent one.   Circumstances
change for the owners, such as a move, or change of
employment.  Horses are sold when owners feel their changed
circumstances do not allow enough time to properly care for
their horse.  For myself, arthritis dictated that 20 mile
rides was no longer in the cards for me, so I switched from
riding to driving/draft work.  My TWH gelding, who I raised
since a yearling, and  was a perfect gentleman,  -loved- to
eat up miles of trail, it was a shame and waste to have him
sit idle in a pasture, so I sold him to someone who wanted a
good trail horse.

Selling is not a negative when it means the horse is able to
remain performing the kind of work and attention it enjoys.

Janet