This message is from: "Jeanne M Zuker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To: Linda
From: Jeanne [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Regarding: fencing

Linda,
This is my first reply to the list, since I am such a new horse owner I
usually just read and never reply, but I will go out on a limb here.
For my horse Olaf and his pasture buddy Flicka, I decided on the equine mesh
fencing using 8" wood posts on corners and highway type metal posts (painted
white) every 8', I have made my own "toppers" out of the vinyl eave trough,
which add a good sight line as well as making the fence have a more "finished"
appearance. I used a 2" white tape for the sight line at the top of the fence.
The horses have never challenged the fencing and the added bonus (especially
with the winds we have had lately -- gusts up to 35 mph) the fence has helped
to keep the hay inside the paddock/pasture so Olaf and Flicka don't see their
groceries blowing outside the fence>:)
My fencing is visible from the road so I wanted something that would keep the
horses IN, look pretty good from the road, but mostly keep my "kids" safe.
Just another idea.
Jeanne in Michigan
Temp at 3 degrees