This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 1/25/2003 8:55:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I think we (as breeders) are dumb if we blame the non sell of our stock on
> the consumer.  What are we doing wrong that our Fjords are not selling? We
> should question our practiced and methods rather than trying to regulate
> others and call others not serious.

Hi Catherine-

I enjoyed your post, especially the part about a "trained" horse being one
who had a person sit on him that day ;-D

I don't know beans about horse breeding and selling, but I do know a bit
about business. I've owned and managed a dog walking and pet sitting business
for 8 years now. In 97 I started a local network for my industry which is
still going strong -- in fact we're meeting next week. It is interesting to
compare the attitudes and methods of each business owner, and their resulting
success. We are all offering basically the same service in the same area, so
why do some of us get more calls, more long time customers, a better overall
reputation? A BUSINESSLIKE ATTITUDE. Yep, believe it or not some folks treat
their business like a hobby. I imagine it's similar to horse professionals.

I invited a new pet sitter to join us for this upcoming meeting, and I was
surprised to hear she'd already closed her doors. She stated "this business
did not meet my financial needs." I'd love to see a legitimate business which
fulfills financial needs within a few months! Obviously she wasn't prepared
for the realities of business.

Brigid Wasson
SF Bay Area, CA
 <A HREF="http://www.ourfjords.freeservers.com/fjord1/Our_Fjordsx.html";>Our