This message is from: "ruth bushnell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Jean,

There is a very thorough article about Inbreeding, Line Breeding and
Outbreeding in the Spring 2000 Fjord Herald by Janice Ashpole (a reprint, pg
29). I'm sure you receive the Herald but for anyone else, I believe back
issues could be purchased through the FJ Herald, Editor Sally Webber:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  I don't know if she'd appreciate me posting this =))) but
hope it's okay.

I had been searching through my back issues when I noticed this particular
article, I was looking for an invaluable article on the identifying aspects
of what makes the Fjord categorically a pony, lending them characteristics
superior to an ordinary horse. For instance survival capacity; natural
procreation, superior sound legs and feet, winter hardiness, powerful jaws
and effective gut for low grade fodder, ability to don winter fat and fur.
(ref: FJ Herald Summer 01 pg 41).

I know there is one other article, that I especially relished, about
additional pony distinctions, but I cannot seem to find it! AAarghhh ! (sure
wish I would have cataloged articles as they came in). Would anyone happen
to recall the one I mean? (and help put me out of my miserable searching)

Ruthie, nw mt