This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 06:33 AM 1/13/2003 +0000, you wrote:
This message is from: "Karen McCarthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I didn't even know she was pregnant until early this Nov (just had enuf
time to franticlly fax Mike a breeding report for her!),

Which brings up a good place for a reminder for all of the stallion owners out there.

The Stallion Breeding Report is to be filed every year before 12/31 of the year or 11/15 if you want to be in the Heralds "Stallion Listing".

The important point I wanted to make was that when filling out your Report you should put every mare on it that was exposed to the stallion. It is a breeding report not a "Pregnant Mare Report". The mare doesn't have to be confirmed pregnant to put it on the report. If she was exposed to the stallion put it on there. You would be surprised at how many mares have babies in the spring much to the shock of their owners. They always tell me that the Vet said she didn't take!

So be safe & maybe even save yourself a few dollars for a late report and put all of the mares bred on your next stallion breeding report.

**Just wondering Mike, is this the first NFHR Fjord foal of 2003?

Well I'am not positive but he is the first one I have heard of anyway.

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Executive Director & Registrar
PO Box 685
Webster, NY  14580-0685

Voice 585-872-4114
FAX 585-787-0497