This message is from: "Pasqual, Patricia A" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I keep Elph barefoot, he has never had shoes on him.  I work mostly in sandy
arenas, his pasture is also fairly sandy and somewhat rocky.  His feet are
tough and have always been very healthy.  I do use a Farrier's Formula on a
daily basis, and since using that don't even get any surface cracks.  The
farrier said his feet are very, very good.  When I drive on pavement I have
Horsesneakers for his front feet.  They were custom made, are very easy to put
on, and they even put "Elph" on each boot in little gold letters - very cute!
Picking out - I pick up his feet and examine them every time I go out, look
carefully, but don't actually pull the packed stuff out.  Farrier said he does
the same.  I look for rocks, etc., but always thought that constant picking out
seemed a little anal.

So here's the controversial topic.  I have been (CONFESSION TIME) letting his
mane grow out.  I was originally thinking about hogging it in the beginning of
2003, and letting it grow out naturally into the roached condition, trimming as
I go and being ready for summer shows as I have read about other people doing.
But now that it is half grown out I am loving it.  It looks really nice, he has
a gorgeous tail too.  I am thinking that I really want to just leave his mane
long, and wonder what the "consequences" are at show time.  I'm sure there are
lots of opinions out there!

Tish and Elphineas in Minneapolis
I agree with Patti - where is winter? and will my new cross country skis from
last year EVER be used?