This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 12/29/2002 8:09:56 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Personally myself I currently own a fjord cross filly
> that came from a PMU farm.  Next year I hope to own
> another one.  Eventually I hope to be able to buy PMU
> fjord crosses, train them and sell them to those
> people who would like such animals.  Yes I am also
> going to own and breed purebred fjords, but I also
> plan on having the fjord crosses spayed or neutered.
> This way I will be able to save the crosses and not
> have to worry about the possibility of having these
> crosses bred somewhere down the line.  I will have the
> best of both worlds because I will be able to afford a
> purebred fjord, but don't want to see those beautiful
> crosses going to auction.
> Hope you all had a good Christmas and that your New
> Year may be bright.
> Holly

I like your attitude.  :)  It's not the horse's fault that it was born on the
wrong side of the sheets, so to speak.  And horses that are already here, I
do like to see having good homes.  I'm happy you are buying those crossbreds
and spaying/neutering them.  It's just a shame though that they are out there
being bred and having to be rescued.  Sigh.

I feel the same about the dogworld.  Too many animals are being brought into
the world due to lack of spaying/neutering, and there life forces are just as
valuable as a purebred.  Most of my dogs have been rescued mutts.  If people
would breed responsibly, we wouldn't have to rescue so many dogs and ponies.

Pamela
 <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/northhorse/index.html";>Northern Holiday
Horses</A>