This message is from: GAIL RUSSELL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Question about "natural selection" by humans:   I have always noticed that
the ranch horses in pictures from the old west have hammer heads,
and...often, ewe necks.  Now the ewe neck is made worse by bad
riding/training...but a hammer head is an unchangeable conformation feature.
So....were the "best" (strongest, healthiest, whatever) using horses those
with hammer heads?  The ranch horses on the farms in MOdoc, where the horses
have a real job to do tend to be big, long-legged, and hammer-headed.
Anyone know why?

 What would be left would be pretty strong
>indeed.  Much like our Kiger Mustangs I would expect.  :)
Gail Russell
Forestville CA