This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 12/22/02 8:23:22 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> The interest in clicker training has always baffled me, because I never
> could see how it was 'something new'.  It appears to be no different than
> good old fashioned verbal
> reward "gooooood boy" followed by the pat on the neck, treat, or deserved
> rest from a strenuous activity used by horsepeople through out history.

Hi Janet-

Actually what you describe has nothing to do with clicker training, which is
far more effective than verbal praise or pressure/release. Rather than repeat
what others have posted, I'll give you the link to Alexandra Kurland's
website so you can cease to be "baffled."

Check it out. I waited over a year to start clicking, and I'm sorry for the
time I missed.

www.theclickercenter.com

Brigid M Wasson
San Francisco Bay Area, CA