This message is from: "Joan and Keith Kemp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I read with great interest this early summer all the opinions and
experiences with AI.  I had wanted to respond to the discussion but with our
busy life all summer and fall - I put it on hold till winter had set in.
Well winter has set in.....
When the discussions started on AI - we had already made the commitment to
go ahead and try AI.  We had never done AI before but we wanted to look at
introducing some different blood lines in our area.  So then I started to
wonder what we had got into with some of the reports of how difficult AI
was, etc.  Too late - we were already committed...
And .......our grey mare Flikka (Grabb grand-daughter) - is now in foal to
MVF Erlend.   And everything went wonderfully smooth.  Yes - maybe we were a
bit lucky but I think we had a very dedicated equine vet about 1 hour from
us - who works in a small practice with a surrounding population of only
about 2,000 people.  She is a wonderful vet and very dedicated to her
practice.  And we also cannot say enough good things about Peg and Doug
Knutsen - they made everything so easy, dropping everything they were doing
when we were ready for the semen - they are great to deal with - can't say
enough about their dedication!! - and we also have the advantage of living
about 10 minutes from the Canada-US border - so we made the decision to have
the semen sent to a US destination about 2 hours from us.  We could then
deal with our Customs directly when we came back through the border.  After
one insemination and 14 days later - ultrasound showed a pregnant mare!  We
are very excited and looking forward to spring!!
So I just wanted to pass on a positive experience with AI - I think with
everything in place, great people to deal with and possibly a bit of good
luck - it can be Exciting!!
Joan Kemp

Turtle Mountain Fjords
Keith & Joan Kemp