This message is from: Don Brackett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

We've finally decided that our desire to haul hot water out to the animals all winter to de-ice the water tanks is no fun! So do any of you have any advice on the different water tank heaters. There are so many out there. We only have the two horses so our current tank is small, only about 20 gallons. Do any of you use the blue buckets with heaters built in. There is one at Dover for $90 some - 16 gallons. Do they hold up?

The sheep have a slightly bigger tank but they drag alot of hay and manure into theirs so it needs freqent cleaning out. What are the various safety issues with these heaters. What types of things do you do to protect the wires?
Any and all advice is happily accepted.

Jane
Maine where winter has arrived and the Fjords are very fuzzy indeed.