This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 11/11/02 12:22:07 PM Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<  " Not to
 denigrate the $500 horse but even the tack, used, will cost more than that.
 And the person who cannot afford more than the $500 horse shouldn't own one
 at
 all to be fair to the animal." >>

My first horse cost me $479:00, ten years ago, her saddle and bridle cost
used less than that. This was all I could afford at the time. The mare, a BLM
mustang is still in my barn and her saddle and bridle are still in my
tackroom. This mare has been the best horse anyone could possibly ask for.
She has been sound for the whole 10 years I have never had to have the vet
out to her except for routine care. She is kind and gentle, great to ride. As
for being fair she has had the very best of care and love and will stay in my
barn for the years (she is 23) she has left.

I also have 2 fjords, one I bought as a weanling and one I bred, I just
cannot afford the high prices that some fjords cost. I am not saying they are
not excellent quality but they are beyond what the average fjord owner
wannabe can afford.

           Sue
Sue Clark-Sorger
Crown Oak Fjords