This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Everyone.
I read the digest religiously, but don't pipe up too often but just have to
tell everyone about Nadia, our new mare, in foal to Flotren that we received
from Linda Bezdek in  Oregon last Wednesday. What a beautiful mare ! We bought
her by only seeing her on video... and talking to a lot of people who knew her
including her original breeder in NY state so I was a little aprehensive
waiting for her to unload from the trailer. But she exceeded my expectations.
We are already making plans to show her and her foal at Libby next year !!
 Thank you Catherine, Gayle and Amy for your advice... the story had a happy
ending.
Nadia is in the pasture working things out with my three other mares. I think
that they have finally all called a truce although it will be awhile before the
peace treaty gets signed I think :) Thanks to all that helped and thank you
Linda for this mare.

Concerning another matter... I would like to know people's definition of a
'backyard' breeder'. That term has been used quite a bit and would like hear
people's opinion on what it means. Certainly there are small breeders ( say 1-2
foals per year) that are knowledgable and take all the care with their mare and
foals, researching pedigrees, vaccinations, nutrition, worming etc. Are these
considered backyard breeders ?  Is it a "size thing" or what really defines it ?

Happy and waiting for May !!

Judy Phelps
Echo Valley Fjords
Chelan, Wa.