This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 10/20/02 7:18:02 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Brigid,
 How much did the custom sports saddles run?  I was looking at one of them,
 even had a local lady with the one of the endurance saddles bring it over to
 drop on his back.  The angle of the pommel piece was such that we couldn't
 even cinch it up close to his back, how do they make sure they've ground the
 front down enough that it will fit a very flat withered horse? >>

Hi Shawna-

They cost $900 and up, depending on what you want (tooling, skirting, silver
etc etc). Mine were $1200 (nice show saddle, used one year) and $1600 (deluxe
trail model, tried on the horse but never used, with custom-fit SKito pad).
You guessed it, I was too impatient for the custom made saddle so bought
used!

The distributor on the sportsaddle.com site is very professional and helpful.
It's recommended you send her photos and a description of your horse's shape,
as a number of things can be altered to ensure a good fit.

Hope this helps!

Brigid M Wasson
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
 <A HREF="http://ourfjords.freeservers.com/fjord1/Our_Fjordsx.html";>Our </A>